With Kruger as Your Witness | Kruger Park Safari Wedding Package
What To Expect From Your Kruger Park Wedding Safari
Spend 4 days on a flight of romance in the wild and wonderful bushveld landscape of the world-renowned Kruger Park. Enjoy exquisite cuisine, unforgettable safari experiences and a wedding in the heart of the African wilderness.
You can expect a stylish and romantic ceremony in a dry African riverbed, luxurious accommodation and incredible memories, made under the African sky.
Enjoy romantic touches throughout which include private romantic dinners under the African sky, romantic champagne bath time experience, lover’s private picnic and a Devotional Journey spa treatment.
Embark on thrilling game drives into the untamed African bush, enjoy refreshments in the open veld and celebrate your union in timeless African style. The Kruger National Park is the home of Africa’s famous Big 5, as well as a plethora of mammal, bird and reptile species who will all be witnesses to your union.
Day 1: Your Wild Romance BeginsView Lodge
After a light lunch head out on your first open safari vehicle game drive and return to the lodge for a private dinner at the Bush Observatory under the African stars.
Get ready for an African destination wedding of your dreams as you fall asleep to the sounds of the African wildlife. Timeless romance, an elegant wedding ceremony, a joyous celebration and incredible African experiences await you tomorrow.
Day 2-3: A Wedding in the Untamed Heart of AfricaThe rising sun smiles on the dearly beloved who have gathered on African soil to celebrate the joining of hearts. You and your wedding party will enjoy luxurious accommodation, 5-star treatment and unforgettable safari experiences during your stay in the heart of the South African bushveld.
A local minister, will conduct a beautiful ceremony in a dry riverbed. For you - the bridal couple; sparkling wine, a bridal bouquet, made to your taste using the indigenous flowers of the region, special Wedding turndown and a wedding gift await you.
Indulge in your wedding cake and take in an incredible performance by local Shangaan dancers on the happiest day of your lives.
Enjoy refreshments and canapés on your first afternoon game drive as a married couple and return to safari lodge well after sunset where the wedding celebrations continue with a delicious wedding dinner under the African sky.
Day 4: Just MarriedAnd so, your African destination wedding celebration has reached its end. The time has come to say goodbye to the Kruger Park and to set off into the world as newlyweds.
A private car will take you to Hoedspruit Airport, where a flight to Johannesburg and beyond awaits. Your hearts have been joined in the spirit of Africa. The touch of the Wild Continent will never leave you.
If you can’t bear to tear yourself away from Africa just yet, you can easily extend your honeymoon and explore the many beautiful experiences that the continent has to offer.
Maybe a few days honeymoon on the pristine coastline of the Seychelles? Our Africa Destination Specialists can easily customize your dream African honeymoon and wedding to suit you and your partner's need
Your Wedding Safari Includes
- Return flights and transfers from/to Johannesburg and bush airstrip
- 3 nights’ luxury accommodation for the bride and groom
- All your meals are included and are served in a variety of locations around the safari lodge
- All drinks including soft drinks, bottled water, fruit juices, coffee and tea, fine wines and unlimited French champagne
- Early morning game drives in open safari vehicles accompanied by qualified and experienced rangers and trackers
- Late afternoon game drive that last until after dark, offering you chance to spot predatory wildlife stalking their prey
- Private dinner for two on the eve of the wedding and optional breakfast in bed on the morning after the ceremony
- Pressing of the bride and grooms’ outfits
- Ceremony at any one of a variety of stunning locations either within the lodges or in the bush (transfers included)
- A minister, preparation for the ceremony, processing of all legal documents
- Wedding cake and special wedding meals
- A 1 hour Africology Devotional Journey Couples massage for the bride and groom the day prior to wedding ceremony
- A bridal bouquet, a button hole for the groom and flowers for decoration
- Special wedding turn down service in the bride and groom’s room
- Manicure, pedicure and make-up for the bride on the day
- Assistance from staff for the bride and groom for dressing, hair etc.
- 30 minute Africology Repair Express facial for the bride the day after the ceremony
Your Wedding Safari Excludes
- Photography - quoted on your requirements
- Entertainment - if you want an extra wow factor performances from Shangaan Dancers, Gumboot Dancers or Local Marimba Band can be arranged at an additional cost
- Wedding guests accommodation
- Optional extras not mentioned above
How big a wedding can I have?There are 21 rooms and suites spread over two safari lodges. Restrictions are in place in the Sabi Sand Reserve on the number of guests and vehicles permitted at any one time and so the maximum number of guests allowed is 42.
Hired separately, the maximum number we can accommodate at Rock Lodge is 20, and the maximum number of guests at Safari Lodge is 22.
The FormalitiesIt is easy to get married in South Africa as a non-resident. There are however a few things that you need to know to further assist you with your planning.
We will be able to help you with every stage of this process. Both religious and secular ceremonies can be arranged. The regular ministers perform Christian or secular ceremonies for opposite and same sex couples, but please do let us know what you need and we will look into it for you.
A minister will process all the legal documents in preparation for the ceremony and prepare your marriage certificate. Following the ceremony you will receive an abridged Marriage Certificate.
The minister must then apply for a full marriage certificate, which takes approximately two months to be processed by South Africa’s Department of Home Affairs.
As soon as this is completed it will be mailed to your address. These services are all included in the wedding package price.