Meandering Adventure | Kruger Park Walking Safari Package
Walking in the Kruger National Park with an experienced guide is one of the most sought after activities in Africa. Game drives in open safari vehicle combined with bush walks make this a unique Kruger Park safari experience.
Classic Walking Safari Experience
This 4 day Kruger Park walking safari package includes 1 night at a safari lodge which includes game drives and 2 nights at a classic tented camp where the focus is on safari bush walks. An exhilarating experience in this prime big five game viewing area which you will never forget!
The Kruger Park is renowned for its walking safaris and this Meandering Adventure is right up there with the best in Kruger. More than a Big Five safari experience in South Africa, the stay at this classic lodge will provide the perfect antidote to the glossy brochure version of Africa, for here is an experience that can truly be considered classic Kruger.
Not only do you get the Big Five safari experience in South Africa on this classic Kruger package but you also get to understand the rhythm of the Kruger Park wilderness on informative, leisurely paced walks. Guides live this experience every day, putting them in the perfect position to share their passion with you on this walking safari.
Walking Safari Highlights
- Stay at two small and intimate camps inside the Kruger National Park
- Excellent game viewing all year round
- Track African wildlife on foot in a 12 000 hectare private Kruger Park wilderness concession
- Experience thrilling game drives in specially adapted open safari-vehicles
- Get close to nature and experience the sights and sounds of the African wilderness up close
- February to April offers excellent birding opportunities
- Activities are led by experienced and knowledge guides/rangers
- All meals and activities are included as well as flights and transfers
- Number of days can easily be customised
Day 1: Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport to Kruger ParkView Lodge
Day 2: Kruger National ParkView Lodge
Day 3: Walking Safari in Kruger National ParkView Lodge
Day 4: Depart Kruger Park for Johannesburg O.R. Tambo AirportAn early rise this morning to ensure you don't miss anything on your last day of this Big Five Safari in South Africa with a final bush walk. Breakfast is served once you arrive back at your tented camp, after which you will check out and get ready for the road transfer to Skukuza Airport. Depart on a flight back to Johannesburg O.R. Tambo where arrival is scheduled for late afternoon.
Rates & Prices
- Return flights from Johannesburg to/from an airport inside or near Kruger National Park
- Return road transfers to/from the airport and between camps
- Meals including brunch, afternoon tea and dinner
- Select local drinks including tea & coffee, soft drinks, house wines and beers on days 2 & 3
- 1 nights’ accommodation in a raised open-plan bush suite set on the riverbank
- 2 nights' accommodation in an African explorer-style tent with en-suite bathroom
- Morning and evening game drive in open safari vehicle accompanied by professional guides and trackers
- Early morning bush walks accompanied by trained armed rangers (3-4 hours)
- Shorter afternoon bush walks combined with night drives
- Kruger National Park conservation and park fees
- Drinks on day 1
- All other extras to be settled directly