Classic Kruger Park Wildlife and Culture Safari Package
Your Classic Kruger Wildlife & Culture Safari Experience
Spend a short week on an African safari in the world-renowned Kruger National Park for an unforgettable look into the landscapes and the people of South Africa. Interact with African elephants, share traditional meals and experience authentic Shangaan culture.
Sleep on the banks of mighty African rivers and immerse yourself in authentic Shangaan culture and traditions while staying at a safari lodge with traditional but luxurious Tsonga-style huts. Embark on thrilling game drives into the untamed African bushveld in search of the famous African Big 5. Lose yourself in a bird-watcher’s paradise and make memories that will last a lifetime, like dusty red footprints, to remind you of Africa.
Cultural Safari Highlights
- Local culture and wildlife experience in comfortable luxury
- Celebrate traditional Shangaan culture with a traditional meal and show
- Stay in a safari lodge that combines ethnic luxury with traditional tribal design
- Exchange elephant trunk greetings with the gentle giants of Africa
- Experience thrilling Kruger National Park game drives in open safari vehicle
- Excellent game viewing all year round
- Can easily be combined with other South African cultural highlights
Day 1 - 2: On the Banks of Sabie RiverView Lodge
You will spend 2 nights in this tranquil oasis in the African bush. Greet the African sun as it rises on your second day.
Spend the morning/afternoon interacting with Elephants, the gentle giants of Africa, and enjoy a traditional Shangaan meal served in traditional cast-iron pots as the sun sets.
A beautiful night is spent immersed in a wealth of African culture; there will be traditional Shangaan dance, music and storytelling here, in the heart of the African bush, where the ancient tribal drums are still beating.
Day 3 - 4: Local Traditions and Game DrivesView Lodge
The intimate Hoyo Hoyo Safari Lodge is a celebration of local Tsonga culture. Sleep in traditional thatched beehive rondavels, decorated with the tribal designs and earthy tones of the Tsonga people.
Embark on early morning game drives in open safari vehicles, in the company of experienced rangers & trackers, and see the bushveld come alive with all manner of wildlife species.
Enjoy scenic sundowners on afternoon game drives in the heart of Big 5 territory and experience the thrill of the untamed African wilderness.
The Kruger National Park is home to a plethora of animal species, from plains game like zebra and antelope, to leopards, lions and hippos. The park is a bird watcher’s paradise and is sure to thrill and intrigue you.
Day 5: Say Goodbye to the Kruger National ParkThe time has come to say goodbye to the wild paradise of the Kruger National Park. A shared road transfer will collect you and fellow guests at Hoyo Hoyo Safari Lodge and take you to the airport.
Leave your last footprints in the red soil of Africa before flying back to Johannesburg and beyond. Until we meet again.
- Scheduled return flights from/to Johannesburg and Kruger Park
- All road transfers between airports and lodges
- 2 nights at a country estate with breakfast and dinner daily
- 2 nights at traditional safari lodge inside Kruger National Park on a fully inclusive basis (all meals and local branded drinks)
- Elephant interaction where you can feed, touch and exchange trunk greetings
- Shangaan traditional meal and cultural show
- Early morning game drives that take place in open 4x4 safari vehicles with ranger and tracker team (day 4 and 5)
- Afternoon game drives that finish with sun-downer drinks at a scenic location in the bush (day 3 and 4)
- Park and conservation fees
- Drinks and meals not mentioned above
- Optional activities, spa treatments and all other extras to be settled direct
Customize your HolidayThis Classic Kruger Wildlife & Culture Safari can easily be customized and combined with other South African cultural highlights. Maybe stay 2 nights in Johannesburg and walk in the footsteps of Nelson Mandela.
Alternatively add a few days in Cape Town to visit Robben Island and immerse yourself in local Malay culture. Our Destination Consultants can easily tailor your cultural holiday to South Africa to reflect your individual needs and budget.