Shingwedzi Restcamp provides a rugged, bushveld atmosphere. It is situated close to 3 major rivers, the Shingwedzi, the Mpholongolo and the Manzemba.
This camp offers panoramic views over the floodplains of Shingwedzi, home of the biggest Elephant in the Kruger Park.
Facts on Shingwedzi:
- Vast alluvial flood plains with pockets of ancient gallery forests within the broader habitat of mopane scrubveld
- Shingwedzi is renowned for its big tuskers usually seen in the riverine forests
- Nyala, Kudu and Giraffe are the other dominant browsers
- Lion and Leopard are active in the flood plain woodland because of the high diversity of prey
- Mphongolo Loop is a tree lover's drive with lots of Elephant and Buffalo
- Kanniedood Dam is excellent for birding enthusiasts
Closest Rest Camps: