There is a place in Kruger which not many people are privileged to see, it is a place of giant baobabs and vast forests with extravagant birdlife and great wildlife away from the crowds.
Remote Luxury Lodge Package Safari Experience
The northernmost part of Kruger Park is unique with magnificent Baobab and Fever Tree Forests, riverines, Lanner's Gorge and panoramic views from the exclusive suites overlooking the Limpopo and Luvuvhu flood Plains.
The area has a great history, with many stories telling of this fascinating place and traces of this history to be seen in the ruins in the area to ensure one of Africa's luxury safari experiences.
The luxury lodge has a very modern feel, built with steel and concrete, and is the masterpiece of an Italian born architect. The glass fronted open suites ensure a general feeling of openness and being close to the wilderness. This private wilderness concession is the perfect place for avid birders and those who want to get away from the crowds.
- Most beautiful part of Kruger Park
- Glass fronted open suites with amazing views
- Overlooking the Luvuvhu River
- Best birding in Kruger
- Vast forests and historical ruins
Day 1: Travel from Johannesburg to Kruger National Park
A scheduled flight followed by a short air transfer takes you from Johannesburg to Kruger. Stay at Outpost Lodge in the remote Makuleke concession in the northern Kruger National Park. This remote Kruger luxury lodge has 1 large main building and you will be staying in a stand-alone en-suite room with magnificent views as the lodge is halfway up a hill overlooking the Luvuvhu River. The buildings are all connected along a walkway made of Zimbabwean teak.
Rooms feature foldaway sides and a frontage offering 180-degree views of the Luvuvhu River Valley. The open feel of the rooms at this luxury Kruger Park accommodation is extended into the bathroom where you will be able to enjoy the view extending into Mozambique. Plan to arrive in time to check-in, enjoy light lunch and relax a bit before heading out on your first open safari vehicle game drive. Upon return to the lodge, dinner will be served outside on the verandah alongside the swimming pool. Listen to the sound of the African wildlife and take in the sights of the Kruger Park bush.
Day 2 - 3: Explore the remote wilderness
Following your early morning wake-up call with coffee/tea and rusks, you will head out on a morning safari with your ranger. The remote area offers unique scenic features such as Lanner's Gorge, Fever and Baobab Tree forests, very good general game and excellent birding.
After the 3-hour open safari vehicle game drive, you will return to your lodge for a hearty breakfast. The day can be spent relaxing in your spacious suite spotting game in the bush below or relaxing at the pool in the main lodge area.
After lunch, you will go out on the afternoon open safari vehicle game drive, complete with a sundowner stop and excellent sightings of nocturnal birds and mammals. Enjoy pre-dinner drinks before a delicious 3-course dinner hosted by the staff under the starlit sky.
Day 4: Depart Kruger National Park for Johannesburg
Another early day, followed by a 3 - 4 hour morning open safari vehicle game drive and breakfast served at the lodge. This marks the end of your safari to northern Kruger National and you will depart back to Johannesburg after breakfast.
- Scheduled return flight from Johannesburg to Phalaborwa
- Light aircraft return air transfer from Phalaborwa to a bush airstrip in the Kruger National Park
- Return safari road transfer from the airstrip to your safari lodge
- 3 nights' luxury accommodation at a unique safari lodge with breathtaking panoramic views overlooking the Luvuvhu River
- In-room stocked mini-bar and Nespresso machine coffee
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner
- Select local branded drinks including teas, coffees, bottled water, soft drinks, juices, house wines, beers and spirits
- Early morning and late afternoon game drives in open 4x4 safari vehicle conducted by qualified and experienced guides
- Optional guided bush walks (on request- to be pre-arranged)
- Park and conservation fees
- Premium branded drinks and cellar wines
- Spa treatments and all other extras to be settled direct