Pafuri Walking Trails, Kruger National Park, South Africa
Unique Adventure Package Safari Experience
Explore the unrivalled Makuleke Contract Park the way it was intended - on foot during this 4-day Pafuri Walking Trails. At this remote location bush lovers are in for a treat; Makuleke Contract Park is located in Kruger National Park’s northern section where wildlife flourish. Share the bush with the African Big Five - elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard - as you embark on an exciting bush walking adventure to track creatures great and small. After an epic day of game trekking, a hearty meal and drinks awaits at your homebase - a seasonal bush camp.
- Traverse diverse landscapes on foot
- Encounter the Big Five wildlife
- Over 350 bird species in the area
- Relax and dip your feet in the Luvuvhu River
- Visit Crook’s Corner, the fever tree forest, Lanner Gorge
Day 1: Makuleke Contract Park, Northern Kruger National Park
Day 2 - 3: Explore Kruger National Park on a walking safariNibble on biscuits and a cup of tea or coffee to boost your energy levels for an action-packed walking safari in the vast Makuleke Contract Park. You might be lucky enough to witness the African Big Five and other incredible roamers of the bush with your armed game ranger as you make your way through Mopane woodlands, Fever Tree forests, and Acacia thickets. Makuleke has an incredible diversity of birds and species such as grey-headed parrot, wattle-eyed flycatcher and Pel’s fishing owl. End the day with a late afternoon walking safari and enjoy dinner under a bed of stars.
Day 4: Depart Kruger National ParkYour last day of the Pafuri Walking Trails kicks off with a light snack of biscuits and coffee, followed by a short morning walk. Kiss the bush goodbye and enjoy your last chance to track wild game and learn all about the smaller bush roamers. Enjoy a delicious brunch and reflect on your experiences before you transfer back to your vehicles.
Rates & Prices
- Tented accommodation at a rustic base camp with en-suite eco-toilet and separate bucket shower (no electricity)
- Light snacks, teas and coffees
- Brunch and dinner
- Early morning bush walks accompanied by trained armed rangers/guides
- Shorter afternoon bush walks
- Drinks and all extras to be settled direct (cash)