Birders Paradise | Self-drive Kruger Park Safari
Birders Paradise Safari Experience
This Kruger Park package is the ultimate remote safari experience in terms of being in a very quiet and remote region and therefore creating the feeling of being completely alone in the African bush.
As the lodge is in a private wilderness concession you will come across very few travelers, allowing for an exclusive adventure. During your safaris, your guide will focus on pointing out many species of birds and share his intimate knowledge of the natural environment.
- Excellent birding opportunities
- Remote exclusivity
- Ancestral home of the Makuleke people
Day 1: Travel to Kruger ParkView Lodge
This region of Kruger National Park is the ancestral home of the Makuleke people and you can look forward to an evening around the fire listening to interesting folklore shared by your guide.
Day 3 & 4: Explore the remote African WildernessView Lodge
Relax in the African Wilderness or try to spot one of the many species of birds with your Kruger Park safari guide.
Your late afternoon and evening safaris will be between 3 - 4 hours which allows for ample time to see some of the many shy wildlife only coming out at night. Traditional dinners will be served on your return to the lodge.
Day 5: Depart Kruger National ParkYour last early morning wake- up call, followed by morning open safari vehicle game before returning to your Kruger Park safari lodge for breakfast.
This marks the end of your 5 day Birders Paradise package in Kruger Park and you are ready for the return journey.
Rates & Prices
- 4 nights' luxury Kruger Park accommodation with breathtaking panoramic views overlooking the Luvuvhu River
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner
- Select local branded drinks including teas, coffees, bottled water, soft drinks, juices, house wines, beers and spirits
- Early morning and late afternoon game drives in open 4x4 safari vehicle conducted by qualified and experienced guides
- Optional guided bush walks (on request- to be pre-arranged)
- Complimentary Wi-fi in central areas
- Laundry service
- Premium branded drinks and cellar wines
- Transfers, spa treatments and all other extras to be settled direct
Birding in Kruger ParkMakuleke (Pafuri) is a well known for its year-round prolific birdlife and is considered as Kruger National Parks best birding destination. The Makuleke Contractual Park was declared a Wetland site and has over 350 bird species.
You may be able to spot the Crowned Eagle, Wattle-eyed Flycatcher, Racket Tailed Roller, Pels Fishing Owl and Bohm's Spinetail. Even if you are not the keenest birder before you arrive, you will be before the end of your Kruger Park safari. For a comprehensive birding guide see: Kruger Park Birding Guide
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions