Adventurer Getaway | Classic Tented Kruger Park Safari Package
Tented Safari Experience
This Kruger Park tented safari is ideal if you have limited time and do not want a luxury lodge experience but also do not want to camp out in the wild.
To save time and maximise your safari experience, this tented Kruger Park safari package includes flights from Johannesburg or Cape Town to an airport near the Kruger National Park.
If you are not that keen on flying and looking for a more affordable option - a daily shuttle leaves Johannesburg for Kruger Park. The journey takes approximately 6-7 hours and does limited your time on safari.
Spend a few days out in the beautiful bush of Kruger Park, delighting in exciting wildlife encounters led by professional guides. The guides will help you track lions or spot some of the region's amazing birdlife.
Tented Safari Highlights
- Authentic Kruger Park safari at an affordable price
- Departs daily from Johannesburg and Cape Town
- Number of nights is flexible and easily combinable with other South African highlights
- Choice between time saving flight to/from Kruger Park or more budget friendly road transfer shuttle
- Stay in comfortable permanent canvas safari tents inside the Kruger National Park
- Thrilling morning and afternoon game drives led by professional safari guides
- Big 5 game viewing experience
Day 1: Travel to the Kruger National ParkArrive in the Kruger National Park in the late afternoon. There will be some time at leisure to go for a quick swim, purchase some gifts or beverages at the camp shop, or just stroll around the camp to stretch your legs.
If time allows embark on your first game drive where you will perhaps spot a herd of elephants or graceful impala. Your guide will share his stories and intimate knowledge about the amazing diversity of wildlife and vegetation that you will encounter.
In the tranquility of dusk, gather round the fire, sip on a refreshing drink and chat about the day's sightings. A barbeque / braai dinner will be enjoyed at camp. Retire to your comfortable safari tent (which is pitched on a wooden platform) and fall asleep in the peace and quiet of the night.
Day 2: Exciting Kruger Park game drivesThe early morning knock on your door signals the start of your second day on safari. After a warm cup of coffee and snack, you begin your early morning safari drive.
An early start on safari in the Kruger National Park is the perfect time to spot predators that are very active during that time of day. You will return to camp for breakfast and then have some time to relax during the hottest part of the day.
In the afternoon you will once again set out on a game drive, and perhaps spot an endangered rhino or a pride of lions. Your guide will talk about the uses of the plants and the interesting history of the region, which really enhances your safari experience. A delicious barbeque/braai dinner will be served prepared by your camp chefs.
Day 3: End of your Kruger Park AdventureDepending on your transfer times on the final morning of your safari, there will be time for a morning game drive. You may be lucky enough to see those last few animals you have not yet ticked off your list.
After a delicious breakfast leave your footprints in the soil of Africa before transferring back to Johannesburg and beyond. This marks the end of your Tented Kruger Park Safari Adventure. Until we meet again!
Rates & Prices
- Return flight from/to Johannesburg or shuttle road transfer from/to Johannesburg
- 2 nights' accommodation in a comfortable canvas safari tent with communal ablutions inside the Kruger National Park
- Accompanied by experienced English speaking guide for the duration
- Game drives in customized safari vehicles
- Breakfast and dinner as per itinerary
- Tea & coffee and limited local wine, beer or soft drinks with dinner only
- Kruger National Park conservation fees and entrance fees
- Optional bushwalks and night game drives
- Drinks, meals and extras not mentioned above