The Outpost Lodge is situated in the Makuleke Region in the northernmost part of Kruger National Park in South Africa, resting high on a hill overlooking the flood plains of the Limpopo and Luvuvhu rivers. This region, formerly known as the Pafuri region, is in the northernmost part of Kruger National Park, South Africa, its bordered to the north by the Limpopo and Zimbabwe and to the East by Crooks Corner and Zimbabwe.
Directions to The Outpost Lodge
- Via Polokwane(Pietersburg ) and Louis Trichardt (Makhado)
- Follow the N1 north towards Musina
- pass through the Baobab Toll Plaza
- Take the R525 turnoff to Tshipise and Pufuri
- Pass Tshipise on the right and through the Masisi boom after 111km(69 miles)
- Travel a further 23km (14 miles) and enter the Kruger National Park
- Continue for another 6.6 km(4 miles) until you see the sign for Outpost lodge
- Follow the dirt road for another 4km(2.5miles) to the lodge
From the Kruger National Park (380km from Skukuza)
From Skukuza travel northwards to Letaba and onwards to Shingwedzi Drive towards the Pufuri Gate Cross the Luvuvhu River and drive for 18km (11 miles) At the Outpost sign on the right hand side of the road turn left Travel a further 4km (2.5miles) on a dirt road before reaching the camp
Private Charter flights are available from Johannesburg O.R. Tambo International Airport to a private airstrip near the Outpost Lodge. This flight takes approximately 90 minutes.