Location of Camp Shonga, Southern Kruger National Park
Camp Shonga us situated in the Kruger Park Reserve which is best accessed by road through the Crocodile Bridge Gate.
Camp Shonga is situated in a 15 000ha private concession in the south-eastern section of the Kruger National Park. The region is renowned for its Big Five sightings, namely Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Rhino and Elephant. It is also a good area in which to see Giraffe, Zebra and Wildebeest.
Directions to the lodge
- From Johannesburg take the R21 highway towards Pretoria
- Just before Pretoria and take the N4 highway East and continue to Nelspruit
- Travel through Nelspruit and stay on the N4 to Komatipoort
- Turn towards Crocodile Bridge and travel 8km
- Enter the Kruger National Park through Crocodile Bridge
- Travel 4km and cross the Vurhami Bridge
- Turn right onto a gravel road at the sign for Shishangeni lodge
- Turn right at the second sign for Shishangeni lodge (no entry)
- Continue for 10km to Shishangeni
- Guests will be transferred from Shishangeni to the lodge
Guests staying at this authentic lodge should fly from Johannesburg O.R.Tambo International Airport to the Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport in Nelspruit.