Location of Camp Shonga, Southern Kruger National Park
Camp Shonga is situated in a 15 000ha private concession in the south-eastern section of the Kruger National Park. The region is renowned for its Big Five sightings, namely Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Rhino and Elephant. It is also a good area in which to see Giraffe, Zebra and Wildebeest.
Directions to the lodge
- From Johannesburg take the R21 highway towards Pretoria
- Just before Pretoria and take the N4 highway East and continue to Nelspruit
- Travel through Nelspruit and stay on the N4 to Komatipoort
- Turn towards Crocodile Bridge and travel 8km
- Enter the Kruger National Park through Crocodile Bridge
- Travel 4km and cross the Vurhami Bridge
- Turn right onto a gravel road at the sign for Shishangeni lodge
- Turn right at the second sign for Shishangeni lodge (no entry)
- Continue for 10km to Shishangeni
- Guests will be transferred from Shishangeni to the lodge
Guests staying at this authentic lodge should fly from Johannesburg O.R.Tambo International Airport to the Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport in Nelspruit.