- Sleep in safari tents in Kruger Park mounted on stilts
- Tamboti Camp's accommodation units are serviced daily
- Accommodation units at Tamboti Camp are self catering
- Two tents have been adapted for handicapped persons
Tamboti Tented Camp overlooks the usually dry Timbavati riverbed and is one of the Kruger National Park's several caravan / camping sites. All units are self-catering and are serviced daily and supplied with bedding, toweling and soap.
At Tamboti Tented Camp, the safari tents in Kruger Park have electrical plug points, small fridges and lights, inside and out. There is also a public pay phone. Tamboti Tent Camp also makes use of communal bathroom facilities, with showers, toilets, basins and mirrors.
The kitchen and food preparation areas have cubicles with hot plates, sinks with hot water and 24 hour boiling water in special cylinders. The shop, restaurant and fuel facilities are available at Orpen Rest Camp, 5km (3 miles) away.
The Tamboti trees have a high concentration of tannin in its leaves, which make it unpalatable to most wildlife species but the Kudu and Black Rhino have a special affinity for the Tamboti tree leaves, while Porcupine feed on the bark. Night drives enable you to take part in the nocturnal activities of Kruger's secretive creatures, in the company of experienced guides and trackers.
Guided bush walks, in the company of trained field guides with backup rifles take groups of up to 8 people out into the bush for a few hours. Learn and observe fascinating facts about the African bush along the most picturesque route of the Timbavati River area.
Tamboti Camp Facilities
- Two ablution blocks
- Two communal kitchens
- Bird Hide (in camp)
- Boma - communal braai (barbeque) area in camp
- No shop or restaurant available
- Tamboti offers safari-tented accommodation only
- No Reception office at camp