Directions to Hamiltons Tented Camp, Central Kruger Park
Hamiltons Tented Camp is situated in the central region of Kruger National Park with the closest entrance gate being Orpen, 46km away.
Access can also be gained from the South by entering the park at Paul Kruger Gate which is approximately a 3 hour drive. The drive from Johannesburg will take 6-7 hours on well-maintained roads – a very long journey though and not recommended for guests with limited time.
There are daily flights between Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport and Hoedspruit Eastgate Airport, the closest commercial airport, a 1 ½ - 2 hour drive to the camp. From Cape Town you can fly directly into Hoedspruit Airport as well, but these flights are not offered on a daily basis.
Directions using the Orpen Gate
- From Johannesburg take the N4 highway heading east to Nelspruit
- From there take the R40 north towards Hazyview and head on to Klaserie
- Just before Klaserie, turn right onto the R351 – which will take you to the Orpen Gate of Kruger National Park
- Once inside the Park take H7 towards Satara
- Drive for 6.7km (4 miles) before turning right onto S106 (Dirt)
- Travel for a further 1.6 km (1 mile), before turning right onto S140 towards Talamati
- After 19.5km(12 miles), turn right onto S145
- Travel 13km (8 miles) and at the T-junction turn right onto the S36
- Continue for 6.5km (4 miles) and when the road forks, keep to the right and follow the signs to the Tented Camp (you will pass a No Entry sign)
- Continue on this road for 2km (1.2 miles)
- Cross a low water bridge and turn right at the No Entry sign
- Take the first road to your right and continue on to the camp.
Directions using the Kruger Gate
- From Johannesburg/Gauteng follow the N4 out to Nelspruit
- From there take the R40, north to Hazyview
- At Hazyview, take the R536 which leads directly to the Paul Kruger Gate
- Enter the Park and register with reception
- Continue on to Skukuza
- Bypass the Skukuza Rest Camp and follow the signs for Satara on the H 1-2
- Travel approximately 25km(15.5 miles) before turning off onto the S36 (dirt) the lodge will be signposted
- Continue down this road for 39km(24 miles)
- Continue along the road that is sign posted No Entry and follow the signs