Name change for Kruger concessionaire

A exterior view of the lodge with the name change.

Jock Safari Lodge, situated in the southern area of the Kruger National Park (KNP), changed its Little Jock lodge to Fitzpatrick's at Jock.

Fitzpatrick's at Jock is named after the late Sir Percy Fitzpatrick who was the owner of the legendary, Jock of the Bushveld. The name change came with a soft refurbishment of the lodge, which includes new outdoor furniture and a boma, as well as an indoor fireplace in the main lodge for the up-coming winter nights.

"We felt it was only appropriate to carry on the history of Jock Safari Lodge and bring in a new perspective and feel to the lodge by the new name, Fitzpatrick's at Jock, which aims to leave guests with a feeling and hopefully knowledge of a significant part of South African history," said group general manager, Joe Cloete.

Sir Percy Fitzpatrick was the author of the book 'Jock of the Bushveld', which tells the story of him and his trusted dog Jock, that travelled through what is now known as the KNP in the late 1800's. The old wagon road that Fitzpatrick and Jock travelled on runs through the Jock Safari Lodge concession.

Kruger National Park - South African Safari
  • Customer Support
  • Tel: +27 21 424 1037
  • Fax: +27 21 424 1036
  • Contact by Mail
  • Business Hours
  • Mon - Fri. 08:00 - 17:00
  • Saturday. 08:00 - 12:00
©2017 Siyabona Africa (Pty)Ltd - Private Tours and Safari