Getting to Rhino Post Safari Camp, Southern Kruger Park
The lodge is located in southern Kruger National Park, just north of Skukuza Rest Camp. The closest entry is from Kruger Gate.
Direct daily flights are offered between Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport and Skukuza on a small aircraft, merely 20 minutes’ drive to the lodge. Alternatively guests can fly into Kruger Mpumalanga Airport in Nelspruit and book a private transfer service to the lode which is a 2 hour journey away.
With easy access from Johannesburg via the city of Nelspruit and through the main gate of the park on well-maintained roads, you can expect a traveling time of approximately 4-5 hours.
Directions to Rhino Post Safari Camp
- After entering the Kruger Gate, drive straight for approximately 12kms (7, 4 miles)
- Once you reach a four-way crossing turn left (heading in the direction signposted Lower Sabi / Rhino Walking Safaris)
- After approximately 2kms (1.2 miles) you will reach a T-junction
- Turn left and travel about 1km (0.6 miles) which will bring you to another four-way crossing
- Turn right, and cross a low water bridge over the Sabi River
- Travel for 4 km (2.5 Miles)and cross the bridge over the Sand River
- You will pass a dirt road on your left, signposted “Maroela Loop”, keep going straight on the tarred road Approximately 6 km (3.7miles) after the first “Maroela Loop” turnoff, you will pass another dirt road on your left, also signposted “Maroela Loop”
- Approximately 1km (0.6 miles) after this second “Maroela Loop” turn left onto a dirt road signposted “Rhino Walking Safaris”
- Travel straight down this dirt road for 2,5km (1,55 miles) and turn left.
- Travel another 2, 7 km (1, 6 miles) and you will reach the lodge