Plains Camp Tented Safari Lodge is situated in the south of Kruger National Park, South Africa, only 20 minute drive from Skukuza.
Plains Camp is located in the world renowned Kruger National Park, South Africa. The area is home to a diverse array of wildlife from small Steenbok up to the mighty African Elephant. The region is known for its excellent birding and you might be lucky enough to see the endangered White or Black Rhino.
Directions from Kruger Gate to Plains Camp
- After entering the Kruger Gate, drive straight for approximately 12kms (7, 4 miles)
- Once you reach a four-way crossing turn left (heading in the direction signposted Lower Sabi / Rhino Walking Safaris)
- After approximately 2kms (1.2 miles) you will reach a T-junction
- Turn left and travel about 1km (0.6 miles) which will bring you to another four-way crossing
- Turn right, and cross a low water bridge over the Sabi River.
- Travel for 4 km (2.5 Miles)and cross the bridge over the Sand River
- You will pass a dirt road on your left, signposted “Maroela Loop”, keep going straight on the tarred road Approximately 6 km after the first “Maroela Loop” turnoff, you will pass another dirt road on your left, also signposted “Maroela Loop”
- Approximately 1km (0.6 miles) after this second “Maroela Loop” turn left onto a dirt road signposted “Rhino Walking Safaris”
- Travel straight down this dirt road for 2,5km (1,55 miles) and turn left.
- Travel another 2, 7 km (1, 6 miles) and you will reach Rhino Post Lodge
- You will get a transfer from Rhino Post Lodge to the camp
There are daily scheduled flights from Johannesburg O.R. Tambo International Airport (ORT) to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA). You can also fly directly from Durban to Cape Town. The approximate flying time from ORT to KMIA is 55 minutes. Transfers between the airport and the camp will be arranged.
Private charters are available to Skukuza Airport, with an approximate half hour road transfer in open 4 x 4 game viewing vehicles, through the Kruger National Park to the lodge.