Hoyo Hoyo Safari Lodge is situated near Hoedspruit in the Limpopo Province, South Africa. It is only a 5 and a half-hour drive from Johannesburg, near the Orpen Gate of the Kruger Park, South Africa. Should you be travelling from Nelspruit, it is a two and a half-hour drive from Kruger Gate.
There are daily flights to Hoedspruit and Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport. Private charters to a nearby airstrip are also available.
- From Johannesburg take the N12 to Witbank which becomes the N4
- Continue on the N4 until the Belfast turn off
- Turn left into Belfast and towards the end of town turn right towards Dullstroom on the R540
- Continue on this road till you reach Lydenburg
- Follow the signs for Ohrigstad R533 and pass through the Strijdom tunnel
- Stay on this road till you reach the Snake Park on your left
- Then turn right onto the R531 and follow the signs for Orpen (about 40 km)
From Orpen Gate
- Estimated Driving Time is 1.5 hours
- Take the H7 towards Satara
- Drive for approximately 6.7km (4 miles)
- Turn right onto the S106 (Dirt Road)
- After 1.6km (1 mile), turn right onto the S140 towards Talamati
- After 19.5km (12 miles), turn right onto the S145
- Continue along the S145 for 10km till you see the lodge sign,
- Turn right and after 3.5km (2 miles)you will reach a T-junction which is signposted
- Turn right and continue along this road for 4km (2.5 miles) and you will find the safari lodge
Kruger Gate Entry
- Estimated Driving Time: 2.5 hours
- Take the H1-2 towards Skukuza
- Pass Skukuza and take the H1-2 towards Satara
- After approximately 20kms (12.5 miles) turn left onto the S36 (Dirt Road), it is signposted
- Carry on along the S36 for approximately 39kms (24 miles) and keep right on the S36/S125 at the Hamiltonís no entry sign
- After 2km(1.2 miles) you will reach a T-junction, turn left onto the S36/S125
- After 4.5km (2.8 miles) you will reach a T-junction, turn right onto the S36
- After 6.5km(4 miles), turn left onto the S145
- After 2.3km (1.5 miles), turn left at the no entry sign for lodge guests only
- After 3.5km(2.17 miles) you will reach a T-junction which is signposted, turn right
- After 4km (2.5 miles)you will find the lodge
Whilst driving within the Kruger National Park, please adhere to the legal speed limit of 50km per hour on tarred roads and 40km per hour on dirt roads.
Please adhere to the Kruger National Park safety precautions, and do not disembark from your vehicle unless you are in a designated area.