Directions to Singita Sweni Game Lodge, Central Kruger Park
Singita Sweni Game Lodge is located in the Lebombo concession in the south east region of the Kruger National Park, South Africa.
This area borders Mozambique and the majestic Lebombo mountain range runs diagonally across the expanse of the concession, intertwined with the N’wanetsi and Sweni Rivers. It is one of the most pristine wild territories in Africa.
Guests can access Singita Sweni Game Lodge either by road or air. The drive from Johannesburg will take about 8 hours while the flight from O.R. Tambo International Airport to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport will take about 1 hour 15 minutes. Guests will then need to take a 30 minute transfer.
Directions to the lodge from Johannesburg
- The journey should take about 5 hours 30 minutes
- Take the N12/N4 to Nelspruit
- From Nelspruit take the R40 to Hazyview
- From Hazyview take the R536 towards the Paul Kruger Gate
- After 36km (22 miles) pass the Lisbon Store and turn left onto a gravel road
- Enter the Sabi Sands Game Reserve at Shaw’s Gate and follow the signs (approximately 28km 17 miles)
Directions from Hoedspruit
- Guests should leave Hoedspruit Eastgate airport and turn right onto the main road
- Travel for about 6 km (3.72 miles) until reaching a T-junction
- Turn left onto the R40 for and continue for about 19km (11.80 miles) until your each another T-junction. Stay on the R40 by turning left at this T-junction
- After 2km (1.24 miles) turn left onto the R531 (Orpen Gate Road)
- Travel for 42km (26.09 miles) you will reach the Orpen Gate into the Kruger National Park
- Continue straight into the Kruger Park on the H7 and travel for 41km (25.47 miles)
- At the T-junction, turn right onto the H1-3 and travel for 3km (1.86 miles)
- Turn left onto the H6 marked N'wanetsi
- After 19km (11.80 miles) on the H6 the tar road will end at a T-junction
- Turn right and continue for 1km (0.62 miles) until you reach the Lodge
There are daily return flights to an airstrip in the Sabi Sands from Johannesburg’s O.R. Tambo International Airport. There are also daily flights into Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport. The lodge can provide transfers between the airport and the lodge. Private charters can also be arranged.