This 3 day safari package is based on a 2 night stay at a luxury safari lodge in the game-rich southern section of Kruger National Park. The southern part of the Kruger is known as one of the best game viewing regions in the park, and an excellent wildlife experience is therefore ensured!
This luxury Kruger safari provides a great safari experience in Africa and is the ideal way to complete your South African visit. The game drives are conducted by experienced rangers on private roads within a private Kruger concession, allowing for a little more freedom of movement than in other parts of the Kruger.
The rangers know the area well and will ensure that you see a rich variety of species. Bush walks are still the best way to get up close and personal with the soil of Africa. The rangers on this Discover the South Safari have an intimate understanding of Kruger Park, ensuring they pass on a wealth of knowledge about the wilderness.
- Big Five safaris and guided walking safaris
- Great birding opportunities
- Wildlife and culture talks
- Dinner underneath the stars
- Leopard Creek Golf Course nearby
Day 1: Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport to Kruger Park
Depart Johannesburg for your flight to Nelspruit. Upon arrival you will be transferred by road to the luxury safari lodge in Kruger National Park. Arriving at the lodge, the staff will assist you to settle in and offer you a delicious high tea. Afterwards, your safari guide will give you a briefing and take you on your first exciting game drive.
Due to the huge traversing area that this lodge has, the guide can drive you deep into the bush and explain in detail about a wide variety of wildlife and the environment. A delicious 3 course dinner will be served after the game drive in the open air boma.
Day 2: Lodge in Kruger National Park
The morning wake-up call is early today and after a warm cup of coffee/tea, you will head out with your guide on another journey of discovery of all creatures, big and small.
Brunch will be served back at the lodge after which you can join your ranger on an exciting walking safari. On such a bush walk you will be focusing on all the smaller things one usually misses from the game drive vehicle.
Otherwise, you can laze away your time during the heat of the day being pampered in your room with spa treatments, or overlooking the waterhole in front of the lodge. Alternatively, golf fundis can be taken to Leopard Creek Golf Course and the health conscious can work out in the gym.
High tea in the late afternoon is followed by a 3 hour sunset game drive. Then it is back to the lodge again with an option of wine tasting in their cellar. Dinner is served at approximately 20h00 after which you can retire to your room for a good nights rest to get up early tomorrow morning.
Day 3: Depart Kruger Park for Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport
Today concludes your Discover the South Safari Package in Kruger National Park.
Enjoy a final game drive followed by brunch before your road transfer back to Nelspruit. You will then fly to Johannesburg.
- Scheduled flight from Johannesburg to Nelspruit
- Private return road transfers from airport to your safari lodge
- 2 nights' accommodation at a safari lodge in the Kruger National Park
- Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner
- All teas and coffees
- Early morning off-road game drives that take place in open landrover safari vehicles led by experienced ranger and Shangaan tracker teams
- Late afternoon game drives that finish with sundowner drinks at a scenic location in the African bush
- Optional walking safari with experienced armed tracker
- Park and conservation fees
- Spa treatments
- Drinks and optional extras to be settled direct