Rules and Regulations of the KNP
- No day visitor shall be allowed to enter the park with liquor.
- Declare all firearms/weapons of any sort at the entrance gate.
- Visitors using KNP border gates as ports of entry or exit through to the neighbouring countries such as Mozambique will be required to produce a valid overnight booking in either Kruger or Limpopo National Park.
- Visitors must remain in their vehicles unless in a designated area.
- Remember that no part of the body may protrude from a window or sunroof or any other part of the vehicle. Vehicle doors should be closed at all times.
- Stick to the speed limit! All general rules of the road apply within the Kruger National Park. The speed limit is 50 km/h on tar roads and 40 km/h on gravel roads.
- General rules of the road apply within the KNP; it is an offence to drive on South African roads without a recognized driver's licence or under the influence of alcohol.
- Adhere to the gate times in your green gate permit. You must be inside the camp or out of the gate before gate closing times. No travelling before or after these times are allowed. (In December and January, KNP gates open at 05:30 and close at 18:30. Gate times must be strictly adhered to and late comers may be subjected to a fine.
- You are not allowed to drive "off-road" or on roads with a "no entry" sign.
- The feeding or disturbing of animals is a serious offence. Also remember, animals see litter as food!
- No pets may be brought into KNP.
- Overnight visitors are only allowed to stay at a booked and recognised overnight facility and must report to reception before occupying accommodation or camping.
- Vehicles of a carrying capacity exceeding 4 000 kg, buses or any vehicles with more than 25 seats, are restricted to the tar roads.
- A stringent noise restriction is enforced between 21:30 and 06:00. Loud car stereo cause a disturbance to animals and other guests; volume levels should be kept to minimum. The use of cell phones is permitted only in camps, gates and in cases of emergency.
- The use of roller skates, skateboards, bicycles, motorbikes and quad bikes is prohibited.